|Lizbeth González-Arrieta||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México|
|Roberto G. Ramírez-Chavarría||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México|
|Lizeth Torres||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México|
|Areli Resendiz-Quintanar||Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México|
Resumen: Teaching-learning process in undergraduate courses requires alternative methods to succeed, even more in a blended mode. Particularly, for instrumentation and control courses, practical activities are mandatory to strengthen the theoretical content. However, accessing to laboratory workbench and devices is not straightforward due to several constraints. In this work, we introduce the so-called iiDAQ, a low-cost and affordable solution as a data acquisition (DAQ) device devoted to didactic practices. The system is based on open hardware devices to acquire and generate signals from sensors and actuators. Moreover, we develop a full Matlab compliant toolbox with a graphical user interface (GUI) interaction and a low-level method scripting capabilities. We show the iiDAQ design and details on its functionality. The performance is shown in three didactic case studies. Results show that the proposal is an attractive tool to leverage teaching-learning processes for undergraduate instrumentation and control courses.
González-Arrieta, L., Ramírez-Chavarría, R., Torres, L. & Resendiz-Quintanar, A. iiDAQ: An Affordable Data Acquisition System as a Tool for Teaching-Learning Process in Instrumentation and Control. Memorias del Congreso Nacional de Control Automático, pp. 527-532, 2022. https://doi.org/10.58571/CNCA.AMCA.2022.078
Educación en Control; Tecnología para Control; Modelado e Identificación de Sistemas
- Aström, K. andWittenmark, B. (2008). Adaptive Control. Dover Books on Electrical Engineering. Dover Publications. Aunkaew, S., Tantiviwat, S., and Ibrahim, S.Z. (2021).
- Development of the educational tool for optimized algorithm model using matlab gui. In 2021 International Conference on Electrical, Computer and Energy Technologies (ICECET), 1–6.
- Blanco, J., Ferrero, F., Valledor, M., and Campo, J. (2014). A low-cost open-source data acquisition system. In 2014 IEEE 11th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices (SSD14), 1–6. doi:10.1109/SSD.2014.6808795.
- Enériz, D., Medrano, N., Calvo, B., and Pérez-Bailón, J. (2020). A wireless instrumentation control System based on low-cost single board computers. In 2020 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (I2MTC), 1–5.
- González, A., Olazagoitia, J.L., and Vinolas, J. (2018). A low-cost data acquisition system for automobile dynamics applications. Sensors, 18(2).
- John Park, S.M. (2003). Definition of data adquisition and control. In Data Adquisition for Instrumentation and Control Systems, 3–11. MathWorks (2022). https://la.mathworks.com/products/sysid.html, 22 de Agosto de 2022.
- Morris, A. and Langari, R. (2012). Measurement and instrumentation: theory and application. In Academic Press.
- Pintelon, R. and Schoukens, J. (2012). An introduction to identification. In System Identification, 1–27.
- Zhang, T. (2012). Instrumentation, measurement, circuits and systems. In Springer.