|Andrés E. Sánchez-Calvo||Tecnológico de Monterrey|
|V. Sebastián Martinez-Perez||Tecnológico de Monterrey|
|Alejandro González-García||Tecnológico de Monterrey|
|Hermán Castañeda||Tecnológico de Monterrey|
Resumen: This article addresses robust guidance and control for a fully-actuated underwater autonomous vehicle under external perturbations. A cascade strategy based on an adaptive integral terminal sliding mode controller is designed. Such approach ensures practical finitetime convergence of the tracking errors and robustness against disturbances with unknown boundaries. In addition, it does not overestimate the control gain, reducing chattering. The guidance law forces the vehicle to track desired trajectories, providing velocity and heading references for all degrees of freedom. Then, a low-level control ensures convergence of all the state variables. Finally, simulations results carried on a full model subject to water currents prove the feasibility and advantages of the proposed control scheme.
Sanchez-Calvo, Andres E., Sebastian Martinez-Perez, V., Gonzalez-Garcia, A. & Castañeda, H. Adaptive Integral Terminal Sliding Mode Guidance and Control for a UUV Under Perturbations. Memorias del Congreso Nacional de Control Automático, pp. 175-180, 2022. https://doi.org/10.58571/CNCA.AMCA.2022.091
Unmanned underwater vehicles, Guidance-Control, finite-time convergence, adaptive integral terminal sliding mode control, robust control
- Ali, Z., Li, X., and Noman, M. (2021). Stabilizing the dynamic behavior and position control of a remotely operated underwater vehicle. Wireless Personal Communications, 116(2), 1293–1309.
- Christ, R. and Wernli, R. (2014). The ROV Manual: A User Guide for Remotely Operated Vehicles. Elsevier, 2 edition.
- Cui, R., Zhang, X., and Cui, D. (2016). Adaptive slidingmode attitude control for autonomous underwater vehicles with input nonlinearities. Ocean Engineering, 123, 45–54.
- Dong, M., Li, J., and Chou, W. (2020). Depth control of rov in nuclear power plant based on fuzzy pid and dynamics compensation. Microsystem Technologies, 26(3), 811–821.
- Eidsvik, O. (2015). Identification of Hydrodynamic parameters for ROVs. Master’s thesis, Norwegian Institute of Science and Technology.
- Elmokadem, T., Zribi, M., and Youcef-Toumi, K. (2017). Terminal sliding mode control for the trajectory tracking of underactuated autonomous underwater vehicles.
- Ocean Engineering, 129, 613–625. Fossen, T.I. (2011). Handbook of Marine Craft Hydrodynamics and Motion Control. John Wiley & Sons.
- Ghadiri, H., Emami, M., and Khodadadi, H. (2021). Adaptive super-twisting non-singular terminal sliding mode control for tracking of quadrotor with bounded disturbances. Aerospace Science and Technology, 112.
- Gonzalez-Garcia, A. and Castaneda, H. (2021). Guidance and control based on adaptive sliding mode strategy for a usv subject to uncertainties. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 46(4), 1144–1154.
- Gonzalez-Garcia, A. and Casta˜neda, H. (2021). Adaptive integral terminal sliding mode control for an unmanned surface vehicle against external disturbances. volume 54, 202–207.
- Guo, Y., Qin, H., Xu, B., Han, Y., Fan, Q.Y., and Zhang, P. (2019). Composite learning adaptive sliding mode control for auv target tracking. Neurocomputing, 351, 180–186.
- He, Y., Wang, D., and Ali, Z. (2020). A review of different designs and control models of remotely operated underwater vehicle. Measurement and Control (United Kingdom), 53(9-10), 1561–1570.
- Huang, Y.J., Kuo, T.C., and Chang, S.H. (2008). Adaptive sliding-mode control for nonlinear systems with uncertain parameters. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, 38(2), 534–539.
- Ismail, Z. and Putranti, V. (2015). Second order sliding mode control scheme for an autonomous underwater vehicle with dynamic region concept. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2015.
- Kim, H.H., Lee, M.C., Cho, H.J., Hwang, J.H., and Won, J.S. (2021). Smcspo-based robust control of auv in underwater environments including disturbances. Applied Sciences (Switzerland), 11(22).
- Utkin, V. (1977). Survey paper: Variable structure systems with sliding modes. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 22(2), 212–222.
- Venkataraman, S. and Gulati, S. (1993). Control of nonlinear systems using terminal sliding modes. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Transactions of the ASME, 115(3), 554–560.
- Wu, Z., Peng, H., Hu, B., and Feng, X. (2021). Trajectory tracking of a novel underactuated auv via nonsingular integral terminal sliding mode control. IEEE Access, 9, 103407–103418.
- Zak, M. (1989). Terminal attractors in neural networks. Neural Networks, 2(4), 259–274.
- Zhang, P. (2010). Chapter 2 – industrial control engineering. In Advanced Industrial Control Technology, 41–70. William Andrew Publishing, Oxford.